Thursday, June 29, 2006

CRAZIEST POST EVER!!!

There is so much going on in the industry right now you wouldn't believe it all if I told you. One thing is for sure though, it's looking real good for Nintendo. I know there hasn't been a lot of new info circulating lately but behind closed curtains activity is running rampant. From a whole ton of new third party support to WiiConnect24 being a much larger player in the online gaming market than anyone suspects.

Well I know we all are aware of the similarities between Nintendo's WiiConnect24 service and another certain live service. What's the point? I thought you'd never ask. Now before I tell you this I want you to brace for impact because not only is it ludacris it's damn well unbelieveable, but I told you it's the CRAZIEST POST EVER!!! How nuts would you say I am if I told you that Nintendo owns the rights to a certain very lucrative and ever growing online gaming market. Well I'm telling you so. It's been brought to my knowledge from a source far more insane than me this is indeed the case. Now being the realist that I am I had a hard time believing it when I first heard this, hell I'm still having a hard time believing it, but my source did bring up some good points. First off Nintendo has had this patent since early on in Gamecube days, far before any online gaming network came into play. Granted patents are normally filed years before they come into play. But my source has told me that Nintendo beat them to the punch on this one. The source claims that the reason Wii has garnered so much positive support from the competition is the fact that they are at Nintendo's mercy in terms of the online gaming market. So why didn't Nintendo release this service for Gamecube? Glad you asked. Well the reason being was what you already know. Nintendo wasn't too sure about the online society and whether or not placing a price tag on the services would damage revenues. So instead of releasing it themselves they let someone else take the risk, lay in the cut and collect if all goes right. Well I think its safe to say that everything has gone exceptionally well, and Nintendo is now primed to take it over the way they envisioned it. Sounds bogus I know, heck, it probably is, but one thing's for sure Nintendo has some shots they holding on to for the moment.

Got to cut this short for now...

23 comments:

wii-man said...

That was a craazy post. I think I'll believe this.

Anonymous said...

...
..
...its not finshed!

gah! what company? whats going on?

Aschen said...

hey, its me jaso

i got a blog finally. i want u all to check it out. click my name ok. or click here, its all gd
http://gatecentral.blogspot.com/

its mostly a hub for my videos, info on releases, actual videos, etc, and my rants about nin and anti-sony

wii-man said...

I visited and it's pretty kool :)

Aschen said...

thnks. and sheep, still waiting, dont hold out on us like that!

wii-man said...

I heard that Red Steel would feature multiplayer, but does anyone know if it'll be online?

sheep23 said...

Hate to say it guys but the more I find out about Red Steel the more it seems like its gonna be a huge failure. Now I don't want it to seem like all our third party hopes lie with this one game but when its being pushed so much to showcase the system capabilities, I expect more. There is still time for improvement but I don't know...I just don't know.

wii-man said...

Don't worry. We wont't flame you for saying anything like that. I just hope that the sword fighing part is fixed up. It lookeed bad at E3.

wii-man said...

I have no idea if you guys know, but there has been an on-going debate about Nintendo choosing to use rechargable AA batteries, rather than having a battery similar to the DS. I think it's great because I don't have to unscrew anything and I don't have to stop during gameplay to wait for over 2 hours for the battery to charge

I know that Sheep has been on the forums before because that is how I knew about this great blog. However, I was just wondering how you guys felt about Nintendo choosing to use AA batteries rather than a battery similar to the DS

Aschen said...

its all the same to me, im gonna be using rechargeables anyway, so ill still have to wait

sheep23 said...

I honestly don't care about that, I just want great games and the number one spot in the industry.

Aschen said...

hey, guess what i went and did?

i made a nintendo blog like this one, (but updated more often) i invite u 2 to have a look:

nincentral.blogspot.com

and no i wont forget about this site. infact can i link to you sheep? although i require a affiliation image 88X31, and whould like to give ya mine. details and email address on my site

(also click me ads pls pls pls)

wii-man said...

Just went to it. Made 1 comment each. Congrats on blog #2.

Aschen said...

yw

but blog#2 is technically a news site, not blog. and dispite its appearence day to day, i am willing to update the second nintendo does something news worthy. there slow

and thnks for ur support wiiman, appreicate it

wii-man said...

Hey Sheep, did you see the new screens and things from Red Steel's blog? It's finally been updated and claim that the E3 build and newer version are almost completely different.

Maybe not in those exact words but I'm sure that's what it sounded like.

Anyway, Rayman Raving Rabbids also had some recently released screens and concept art. I feel that this game will be a must have for the Wii and plan on getting it a couple of weeks or days after it's released.

wii-man said...

Made another video recently.

Here it is.

wii-man said...

More Wii news. I'm sure that we all already know about Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is on it's way to the Wii. Maybe if you aren't much of a DBZ fan, then you can pick this one up. The info is in the link.

Also, recently Call of Duty has been confirmed as a Wii launch title. Here's the link to the info.

In case you missed it A new Red Steel article is up. It reveals new screens as well as a tid-bit of info.

There was also a second screen released for Bomberman's next outting for the Wii.The screens are found in the link.

Aschen said...

great detective work.

hey i got a idea for u wiiman. hows about u make a nintendo blog like ours too. however so we arnt in direct competition with each other, u wanna do a blog devoted to new screenshots and footage?

i think itll be a good idea, since in mine i have said i wont be doing that stuff, u obviously do look up these new screens and stuff. we could all link to each other's sites since we offer different things, and there ya go!

wii-man said...

Sorry A but I'm not the journamlist/blogger type. Sure I can do a review of what happened during the week before, but that's about it. You and Sheep, on the other hand, can come up with clever puns and words that only journalists would know how to do.

It is a great idea to do that, but I think I'll just leave it to the pros.

Aschen said...

HA!, i get D-s in English at school.

the point is not to do articles and badly done puns (Wii puns are getting old even for me). but for u just to simply say:

new screens for [game title here] are up on [whatever site], heres some images. and my personal opinion on these are: [personal opinion here]. thats wha i esessntially do. itll be kool

Aschen said...

and amost forgot, the best part is getting paid to have ads there. and thus if we all link to each other, that means more ppl for all of us, and in turn more money. mind you its notmuch, ive only made like $3 in a month, but thats pretty gd considering iget about 10 hits a day, by proberly the same ppl. but with more ppl (just self advertise in forum sigs, and link together) more money is sure to get there

sheep23 said...

Damn ya'll has sheep risen from the dead yet?

Haha I'm here you guys but I really haven't been able to have the upkeep that I really want on here. I know I keep saying big things are coming...they are just bare with me. Try to look at it this way; this is the calm before the storm. I shan't disappoint!

wii-man said...

That's great news to hear, Sheep. I'll look at it just like the calm before the storm too. I visit the site everyday anyway so I shouldn't miss anything :)