Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Our Time in the Sun

Well E3 is just around the corner and a few things are becoming more evident with each passing second. From Red Steel to the nunchuck attachment accelerometer to launch day Mario, things are beginning to brighten up for our friends in the land of the rising sun. You know, there are times when I get in heated arguments over the upcoming console wars and you wouldn't believe how they look at me when I mention that Nintendo is gonna come out on top this time around. To them it seems as likely as one of those other two leaving the market altogether. Nonetheless things are materializing for us and I must say they're looking damn good. I mean, to say that I know that we are in an excellent position leading up to E3 and launch day is an understatement of the highest caliber.

There were plenty of mistakes that led to gamecube doing a measly 22 million worldwide just about. A few of the those are quite obvious and some are hidden within the confines of Nintendo itself. One major issue that a lot of people didn't think much of(actually, according to launch day 'Cube sales they did), was the absence of Mario. The Gamecube was the worst selling Nintendo console to date and it was the first to launch without Mario, simple coincidence maybe but Nintendo apparently isn't willing to give it another shot to test that theory. This new Mario, they've been crafting it for just about six years now. Yeah I know Sunshine launched in '02 but this Mario was what they were working on before they decided to send Mario on a much needed vacation. See, Sunshine was the necessary sidestep they took because in terms of the development process, the ideas they were crafting for the true Mario 64 sequel were literally impossible on Gamecube hardware. Times are different now though and the masterpiece is finally ready to be realized. One reason to rest easy Nintendites.

Another issue was the lack of third party support and more precisely, Mature content. You would not believe the amount of people who still to this day cast off Nintendo as a kiddy system. No doubt Nintendo wants to uphold their family friendly status but at the same time they have wisely decided that garnering a broader audience doesn't come at the sacrifice of family friendliness. Now they haven't completely decided to accept every Mature game on their system but they're moving in a direction somewhat close. They currently have seven Teen rated games in the launch pipeline, so improvement is looking positive. For all you know there might even be a surprise Mature launch title in the mix. As far as third party goes I really don't have to touch on that too much 'cuz in the last few days alone numerous developers have announced their support and some even mentioned games in development. Two reasons to rest easy Nintendites.

The Gamecube, though a great system, lacked an identity. When people looked at what was already on the market and compared it to the 'Cube they really didn't see much that stood out to sway them. Sure the Cube had its bright spots, namely SSBM but that was nearly not enough. This however is not the case with the 'Revolution'. The controller alone has lit the industry on fire and the gas is in Nintendo's hands, and I have a sneaky suspicion they about to feed the blaze. Not to mention those oh so downplayed graphics. Let me just be the first to tell you that 18 of the 20 launch titles look much better than anything currently available out there. A mature looking Link left people in tears at last year's E3 but this year not a soul present will be able to control their jaws; including our damned "I'm so cocky I disgust myself" competitors. Three reasons to rest easy Nintendites.

In terms of the western market, Nintendo has definitely kicked the bucket in the past, but gone are those ever so dark days. Not only have they catered to the western market with the free-hand controller but they have taken it one step further by actually developing a slew of first party FPS'. Two of which will be available at launch. There are so many mistakes that happened with and to all things Gamecube but I don't dwell on the past and you can be sure Nintendo doesn't either. This generation Nintendo is setting their sites on dominating the field and E3 is just the start. This E3 is practically a Nintendo show but don't take my word for it, wait for the show. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of all that is Nintendo's E3 presentation. Rest easy Nintendites, it's our time in the Sun!

And get ready for the console name, it'll blow your Lites out!!!!

47 comments:

wii-man said...

OOOOMMMMMGGGG! IT'S CALLED THE Wii

Click Here.

sheep23 said...

Freakin' crazy isn't it? I told you that it'd blow you away. I just hope people adjust to it faster than the they did the controller. E3 is gonna be sick. Can't Wait!!!!!

wii-man said...

Yeah. It's crazy, but I have already adjusted to it.

sheep23 said...

Well I expect that from us Nintendites, but the others is what I'm hoping we grab hold of.

Anonymous said...

gaa!!! i can only get news like once every 24 hrs cos of sleep and then school, and the fact im in australia!

everyone knows about the Wii now, i just heard about it! and im sorta adjusted. think of it this way, its a betta name than 'gamecube'

Anonymous said...

around like every forum almost everyone hates the name. one girl actually cried over the news apparently.

im lovin' the new name

wii-man said...

I'm lovin it too Jaso. I don't see what's so bad about it.

Anonymous said...

oh i can see whats so bad about it. but to me, i dont see it like that.

whatever happen to that news or whatever u were promiseing revobest and me, sheep?

wii-man said...

I'm sure that he has something in store for us. Don't forget that there is some secret the he too has yet to reveal. MAybe we have to wait until May 9th before he unveils it.

sheep23 said...

I don't break my promises jaso, I will have something for you soon. Now soon can mean a month from now or even 5 months from now(though I don't think it'll be that long). I have to be just as patient as you because I am not in control of everything as of yet. As things continues to take form you'll know what's gonna be up. I think you're going to love what I have in store so please be patient, I haven't forgotten you guys.

May 9th Nintendo Wii takes the world by storm!!!

wii-man said...

You said it. The Wii will do just that.

Anonymous said...

hmmm 5 months eh. must be big

Anonymous said...

well in japanese class today, i worked out my name in kanji, and then the meanins back to english, i choose the one i liked the most, and now my name means: time hero respect.
or cos jap is backwards, plus add a little joining words, im: 'respect the hero of time'. hehe, just call me link!

that said, im changeing my email on the weekend, giving some time to advertise my name change on msn and profiles etc. my new email is: respect.hero.time@hotmail.com

wii-man said...

I wish I could take japaneese classes. No fair XD XD XD :) :(

wii-man said...

I made a video.

I was bored so I made something of the memories of Nintendo's news of last year and bring it into the present. WARNING: FFVIII MUSIC IN NINTENDO BASED VIDEO!

Anonymous said...

OMG FUKEN GOD. SONY STOLE THE CONTROLLER!!! did i tell u guys that they would? cos ive said it multible times thruout last yr on many different forums and such.

"One bit of good news, the PS3 controller is “light, outfitted with Bluetooth” and has 6-axis movement detection. Rumble, however, is nowhere to be found."


ILL KILL THEM, ILL BLOODY KILL THEM

wii-man said...

I knew they would do it too. However, as Nintendites, we must step above Sony and be more mature than they. What do you say?

Anonymous said...

i say kill'em!

have u seen the vids on nintys site yet? looks awsome!

wii-man said...

I've seen em all. Do you think the price will be $200?

Anonymous said...

i think $250 US. about $320AU for AUS (here). slightly more then GC release (inflation)

wii-man said...

I truley think $200.

But then again, the Nintendo Wii will be the first video game console to standardise the bluetooth technology. So it could be $250.

wii-man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wii-man said...

I got a NEW NAME!

wii-man said...

By the way, "Wii-man" is my new name from "Revobest"

Anonymous said...

well there ya go

wii-man said...

Did you hear that it's been confirmed that some of NIntendo's games at E3 were really in Gamecube Housing?

Anonymous said...

i knew that redsteel was deved using GC hardware with a Wiimote. and i think spongbob was played on GC

wii-man said...

I wonder how the games will look on final hardware.

Anonymous said...

that pretty much WAS final hardware... just in a GC box, and not a Wii box

wii-man said...

Really? Oh well, it'll still be fun.

sheep23 said...

E3 was great, Nintendo made a few moves I didn't like such as puttin' effing snake in SSBB, he's not first party so he shouldn't be there. For the most part though it was a damn good show, like I said a Nintendo Show(6 hour lines). I'll post again soon hopefully just been real busy digesting a few bob-omb shells. And on another note get New Super Mario Brothers, game is superb.

Anonymous said...

still trying to make my ninty vid (ran out of clips, need more) but i happened to have a heap of clips of sony's laughable at best e3 confernce.

so i made a quick little one, that takes a shit on sony

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PqMi4R07MCk

wii-man said...

No fair that you got to go to E3.

XD

Nice quicky vid.

Anonymous said...

u saw my quicky vid, now see my 2 months in the making vid:

ok here it is, im realli excited about this one, my first nintendo one, and i would rate it pretty high up compared to my others. im posting this everywhere, cos im so excited, tell ur friends, tell ur relatives, go watch this vid!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PbynbJvoxJM

wii-man said...

ATI speaks about Wii

I loved your video too.

wii-man said...

Well, the game that I am most looking forward to now is Super Mario Galaxy. The textures look so polished and the gameplay looks great. What do you guys think about Galaxy?

Anonymous said...

it might actually be the first mario game (besides 1,2, and 3) that i will buy. but mainly cos i like the concept of it being in space and running around on these tiny planets.

but firs things first, metroid 3, and zelda

wii-man said...

Yep. I'm all for Twilight and Corruption.

sheep23 said...

Great video Jaso. I just can't wait to get my filthy paws on all the games. I've already got $2000 put away for everything on launch day.

sheep23 said...

Great video Jaso. I just can't wait to get my filthy paws on all the games. I've already got $2000 put away for everything on launch day. And don't worry I'll be posting again soon.

wii-man said...

Whoa!!! $2000!!!?

I wish I had a summer job :(

Anonymous said...

i wish i had a job full stop. more specificatly one at EB games. and there one opening up close by soon, like a couple of months soon.

if i get it, id get a nice little discount, and i can destroy sony one sale at a time

"well these PS3's arnt selling at all, not one since launch. jason, you were working at launchday, what happend?"

"dunno boss, i guess they just wanted a Wii instead"

*flashback to me slapping anyone who came close to the PS3 display

sheep23 said...

That's the way to think jaso. I will try to have a post up tonight I have some crazy info to put out.

wii-man said...

YEAH!!!! That's good to know.

Anonymous said...

and this new crazy info in the form of a post is where now?

sheep23 said...

Shit my fault something came up but...

Anonymous said...

there is only one response that should go with that:

O.o