Tuesday, August 22, 2006

THE CONSOLE WARS

Well here I am again, FINALLY!!! And what a nap it was. But what an even better awakening I've had. I couldn't have asked for a better time to pluck the yamps from my eyes and stretch my arms and jaws. I seem to have awoken at the dawn of war. THE CONSOLE WARS! Yes people, the console wars are just getting underway(well just about!) and I know I'm not the only one wetting their pants, with drool of course, over the mayhem that's about to overtake our very lives; not to mention men's hygiene. There could never be a more ample title for a more ample event. Two Goliath company's duking it out, all for the rights to the thrown; wait, what's that you say......Huh.....I didn't catch that.....what, there's a third company in the running. A third company huh? Well don't keep me in suspense, who is it? NINTENDO!!!! What, Nintendo still makes consoles, I thought they died with the Super Nintendo! That's right people Nintendo is back and better than ever. The response Wii has received has been resounding to say the least, and like Nintendo said, the name jokes are just about dead(just about). This David of a console is about to prove one important fact, originality never dies.

The prince of these wars is poised and ready as he awaits the day his father, the king, turns the thrown over to him. Sony's PS3 is sitting pretty receiving word from the frontlines as his big poppa PS2 still rages war against the cocky newcomer, Xbox 360 and the ill-fated, misunderstood wizard known as the Gamecube. With much stronger opposition this time around beauty is only mind deep and if you ask me the PS3 really resembles that fat, lazy, and brutally spoiled rich kid who has hands softer than a baby's ass. Both Microsoft and Nintendo have been getting down and dirty, grinding away hard at work while Sony has been resting on its moral's(or lack there of); only finding time to exercise their jaws to stuff their face and say some god awful dumb shit. Microsoft is already on the rampage, having launched a massive campaign that's nearly one year old; no doubt damaging Sony's stranglehold on the console market. With Microsoft already setup on the battlefield, Nintendo and Sony about to launch later this year, things are just starting to get exciting. Will brute force and reputation dominate this generation, will young arrogance find its way to the thrown, or will David slay Goliath a few more times? Whatever the case it's gonna be one hell of a war.


Oh...............you thought that was it, you thought that was the post, don't make me laugh. I'm just getting started...this is just the intro. Part one, "The Arrogance that is Sony" is up first.

2 comments:

wii-man said...

Wow. What a comeback. I'll lo forward to the arragance that is Sony next.

Aschen said...

took the words from my mouth, cant wait for sony's arragance-ness