Tuesday, October 17, 2006

BLIND AMBITION

Sorry it took me so long to get back guys, life's busy. The next gen war is truly fast approaching, and I for one can't wait to see this war unfold. With Microsoft slightly in front to Sony's two day jump on Nintendo, things are going to get real interesting. (Chock that up as the understatement of the year). Microsoft is well underway and waiting patiently to drop a few bombs on the market. Bombs that they think will hold off or at least slow down the competition.

Just a few days before Sony unleashes their mammoth (both size and price), and Nintendo throws a monkey wrench in the formula with their clever Wii; Microsoft is set to release Gears of War on the gaming world. Even being the avid Nintendo fan that I am, there was a moment when I wanted to play that game. Now don't get me wrong I am as loyal a fan as they get, but there was a moment where I just said "WOW, I want to play that!". For an entire moment I wished Nintendo would make it happen. Then that moment was over. The game has serious potential though ( potential being the key word). I mean it could quite possibly give Halo a run for its money as 'best first person shooter' ever made, or it could be another entirely ho-hum EA made Bond game. Okay that's being a bit too mean but you get my point. Either way Microsoft is hyping it up as the next great thing to slice bread. Come November 12th we'll all find out how right or wrong they are. Emergence Day versus two consoles! Don't thing that's enough? Well neither does Microsoft, they decided they're hungry for a pb&j sandwich but with PS3 and Wii filling. As they are going to release the true nuke on the market, Halo 3, sometime in March. With the 17th and 19th of November just around the corner the 360 is bucking and yelling for attention.

My guess is that Microsoft is banking on their mediocre install base of 5 million (WORLDWIDE!) plus those two giant games will be more than enough to stand strong against the competition. It's not going to be easy though, as being the first console out doesn't guarantee success (dreamcast anyone?); Nintendo is coming along with an ingenious mass market approach and Sony is riding its brand name, so things could start to get a little tough for Microsoft. I see brainstorms for Halo 4 already. Okay, maybe that's a bit of a ways off since Microsoft is trying to convince the world that Halo 3 is the culmination of it all, the big finale. You never know money walks.
Honestly I don't see 360 or PS3 standing up to Wii very well. I'm telling you my idol Shigeru Miyamoto, along with Mr. Iwata has an evil plan to take over the world and Wii is the gateway. Oh I'm going to love being a part of every single moment of it. Wii is set to do what every man wants, his girlfriend playing video games with him, oh yeah and the rest of the family too. I for one can't wait to hook my Wii up and go nuts on games like Excite Truck, Red Steel, Wii Sports, Madden 07, and of course the King of all games, The Legend of Zelda. (That's my top 5 launch titles by the way). A lady right there with me makes it even better. I think you'll agree, at least I hope you do. The 360 has some solid games don't get me wrong, but they just don't bring anything new to the table. The core audience will be there but I don't see any growth beyond that. Not to mention 5 million sold is not nearly enough of a jump to beat the PS3 and definitely not enough smell the Goliath of a shock winner, Wii. I've experienced first hand what Nintendo's attempting with this console and it's guaranteed to wreak havoc on the industry. (You heard it here first--Wii by a landslide). Right now 360 is all smiles no worries but I'd brace for impact , the whole industry should. Someone is going down hard and I see Nintendo running from the cops. Wii is going to put an ass whooping on Sony and Microsoft, the kind you never forget.


WHEW! I'm beginning to ramble (I hate when I do that). I'll get back to you soon on Nintendo's return to true form. "KING, A Return to Form," should explain why Nintendo is poised to reclaim the number one spot.

64 comments:

sheep23 said...

My apologies on the delay, hope you guys like it. Thanks for sticking with me as long as you have.

Aschen said...

hey np.

but i expected this to be more about MS, but it seems u rambled a bit too much eh.

being the Wii60 enthusist i am, i might pick up a 360 next yr sometime (after Wii) for Halo 3 and Wars... and perhaps gears of war too if it turns out to be as good as its hyped to be.

wii-man said...

Another nice article by Sheep. I always seem to stop what I'm doing to read what you have to say.

I ramble a lot, too, when I get excited about what I talk about :D. It's all good.

We (Aschen (jaso)) and Me(revobest(wii-man)) will be here when you get back. I wonder how "KING, A Return to Form should be"

BTW, my top five is exactly the same as yours. :D

wii-man said...

WOW. I was just searching Gonintendo.com when I found this. It was posted earlier today so I'm sure that you have already seen this.

I think that the multiplayer in the game looks really great and resembles Goldeneye for the N64 quite well. I'm sure that my friends and cousins will enjoy playing this because it resembles Goldeneye.

Though some people on the link have worries about framerate, which is probably only slightly downgraded to fit everything on the console, I'm read to give it a try first hand.

Are you going to be camping out this year for Wii?

Aschen said...

yea saw that. and i wont. if i got one at launch i wouldnt be able to enjoy it since im leaveing for a holiday like the day after.

but i think framerate will be fine, it looks like the poly count was downplayed to be able to play 4 ppl

wii-man said...

HA! YES! I finally have Nintendo Wifi Connection! My Friend code is
3780 3821 7346.

Aschen said...

umm, for what game? theres like 25 wifi games for DS now.

of course i am assuming you do NOT have a Wii with the 1 friend code

wii-man said...

Oh. It's for Metroid Prime Hunters for DS.

wii-man said...

Sheep. Did you get your Wii yet? I managed to get one on launch day, but I can't play it untli good ol' Xmas. I bet you have already played your if you got it.

Aschen said...

damn you all!

i want to at lest get near one! *crys

wii-man said...

Awww. Don't worry Aschen. You'll get your Wii someday. By the way, they were suppose to have restocked today (Black Friday). Maybe you can get one today.

Aschen said...

maybe im in aus and the release dtae its the 7t of dec, and maybe i have a holiday already planned for the 9th, and maybe, just maybe i simply odn thae enough money from that damn holiday

grr

wii-man said...

Oh. I forgot you lived there. Dang.

Aschen said...

hey sheep, when u getting around to poating that new article? also have u got a Wii yet as wiiman has asked?`

Aschen said...

hey good news! i just may be getting a Wii for xmas! the information was 'leaked' to me. but theres still a 5% chance i wont get one due to shortages

wii-man said...

Go for it Aschen. Sadly, I have to KNOW I have a Wii and NOT play it until Xmas. ;o ;o ;o ;(

Aschen said...

since we will be getting it at the same time, me 10-12 hours earlier due to the international date line. on boxing day we'll swap FCs and Miis, k?

should be fun

wii-man said...

I'm up for that. The first person I'll swap Miis and FCs with.

Aschen said...

omg yes. now i know for sure i have a Wii for xmas. u know them shortages i was talking about? now not a issue, my parents got preorders (odd behavior for parents eh). but meh it wasnt needed, no shortages in australia for any game console, ever, including Wii.

they also got me WiiPlay which is great since that wouldve been my first choice for the xtra Wiimote and games.

look forward to playing with u guys on xmas! also ill be having a gameday sometime in jan or on new years with a bunch of friends, might need rayman as well. damn zelda will have to wait.

on another note; i wont be here for the next week and a half, check my sites for more details

wii-man said...

Yes! Now I can play against you online! That's great news to hear that your parents got you your Wii. :)

Aschen said...

hey, back from trip. had a great time.

and heres more confirmation that i will get a Wii for xmas; there was a hole in one of my pressies, looking into it u couldnt see anything but blue, however on a angle i could see the butt of a Wiimote. judgeing from box size and shape, i would guess its Wiiplay.

cant wait for xmas!

wii-man said...

CONGRATS! Now I have 2 people to play online with.

Aschen said...

yay! Wii 4 Mii!!

dammit updateing takes forever. hehe the first time i ever see a Wii in real life, it was me taking it out of the box. also got me grandma to play wiisports so that proves ninty is on the right track.

my FC for my Wii is:
8690 4693 2104 8036

wii-man said...

Dang. I have to wait until early "(about 7:30) tommorrow. I'll give out my FC for my Wii tomorrow. I'll probably do it on the Wii :D

Aschen said...

ah the joy of being in aus, close to the date line.

wii-man said...

WELL when I finish typing this on my new WII I'll look for my FC.

wii-man said...

My FC is 6628 5418 2419 6235 MY console name is MASTERMIND

Aschen said...

great, adding you now. hope to see one of ur Mii's soon

wii-man said...

Hey Sheep. Do you have Wii yet? If you do, can you post up your Wii #? I want to add you to my Friends list with Aschen.

sheep23 said...

brb guys sorry

wii-man said...

Whatever brb stands for, you don't have to worry about it. I'm fine and wont go anywhere like aschen.

Aschen said...

hey, i keep checking back, i almost never comment cos theres nothing to say.

and 'brb'= 'be right back'

why sheep had to come on and say that i dont know

wii-man said...

It's probably to note that he isn't done with the blog. YEEEEEEES! I'm just happy to hear from him again.

sheep23 said...

...

wii-man said...

Hi Sheep :)

sheep23 said...

Wassup wii-man?

Aschen said...

still being kinda silent as usual sheep?

any chance we can get new article? also have u got a Wii yet?

Aschen said...

wii-man, your goshigeru in youtube right? man how much adverising do u do for me?! a quick google search for my site listed so many of ur videos and such with my site written all over the place... also a comment on gonintendo from a "N-Wii" person, you again?

keep up the great work, your doing me heaps of favors here, and i didnt even ask for it. THANKS!

wii-man said...

Yes I am Goshigeru on youtube. Yes I am N-Wii on gonintendo :)

No problem aschen. I'm trying my best to get the word out. Once your site is well known, it's time for Nintendite.blogspot to get some of that advertising.

It's going good Sheep. :)

Aschen said...

that said.. Sheep, do u want this site under mine?

ie: it would be nintendite.ifanboy.net (or whatever name u want)

if someone were to type in nintendite.blogspot.com it will redirect them to the correct address automatically.

im planning on selling some subdomains for blogs like this, you and wiiman can have one free. oh and also ill link to u from a page somewhere on my site.... as soon as i work out FTP

sheep23 said...

'preciate that ya'll. I'm so busy lately i hardly ever get online to post...sorry!!!! You guys seem fine without me though but i will be back i just can't say when just yet.

wii-man said...

As long as you'll be back I'll be fine.

wii-man said...

Did you hear about the new game announced by EA called Boogie? Click Here. I'll try putting a pic in here, but if it doesn't work, hey, I tried.

[img]http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/thumb_boogie_5.jpg[/img]

Aschen said...

eh, another ddr game... pftt.

and wiiman, u gave in the wiimotion story to gonintendo right. did u link them to me? cos i had that story before them.

and how about aussienintendo having 1 update a month for the aussie cometitions then gonintendo posts it. whereas i do it every week.

wii-man said...

I did link to you, but they decided to just go with the original source that was on your site. I was really hoping that they would show off your site and mae it to where they had to click on the link that you gave them on YOUR site, but I guess Bethany didn't do it. (I wonder if RMC would)

Not a bad idea about the 1 update a month deal for Aussie competitions. If RMC would approve of it, I'm sure you'd be rolling in views.

Aschen said...

i emailed them about the comps thing. seems they had email problems back when i used to email them about new comps etc. from whoever emailed me back's tone it sounds like they may be using my site to rely on aussie comps every week now....hopefully..

ill email them again this thursday when new comps come out and i update mysite

wii-man said...

Do you know what this means for your site? It means more traffic.

PS: on the youtube videos that I upload, both ifanboy and nintendite are clicky sites.

Aschen said...

oh nah, i would have never guessed advertising for my site would equal more traffic.... /sarcasem

thnks for ur continued random youtube advertising

wii-man said...

No problem. There's nothing wrong with giving out a little help.

Aschen said...

hey, wiiman. i need ppl to work on my site, wanna join? just check out the buttons on the right, most dont work cos i dont have ppl to run thous certain subsections.

wanna lend a hand?

there be payment...not from me, but anything u earn from ads is urs

wii-man said...

How about this. Since May is but 2 months ( probably 1 month) away for me to go on summer break (high school for me) if no one has offered to help out, I'm joining no doubt?

Aschen said...

great. i need a few ppl. hopefully 1 for each section so there should definatly be room.

Aschen said...

yo wiiman, and maybe sheep too. still need more staff. visit ifanboy.net for details

wii-man said...

I've been assigned to go to U of L for June, so July would work out..if the parents would let me on the computer for more than friggen 30 minutes!

Aschen said...

almost july. still in need of a helping hand....

wii-man said...

Quick question, what is the intelligence and previews section suppose to compose of?

Aschen said...

previews: like new screenshots/videos/hands-ons of up and coming games.

intelligence is brief news about PS3/PSP/360 (the competition). like say with the recent suing from the church of england to sony about a church being used in resistances.

also VC updates is still open, similar to previews, will have news about new VC games gonna come out, and of course what just came out that day (friday for euro/aus, monday for US, and the other day for japan (i forgot))

wii-man said...

Listen, on July 6th, keep the preview section open for me, ok?

wii-man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wii-man said...

Oh, and I'm worried about Sheep. Where could he be?

Aschen said...

will do.

email me at
respect.hero.time@hotmail.com

when the date comes up, ill prolly forget it, ill set u up with the preview section and make a news post exclaiming it.

wii-man said...

Thanks :)

wii-man said...

Welp, today's Friday the 6th. I can't wait to get the stuff!

Aschen said...

oh crap i forgot!

haha, see, this is why i asked to be reminded ;)