Thursday, November 03, 2005

Middleman

It has come to my attention that many people are not familiar with the term 'middleman'. I want to clarify this for those people because it is growing ever so irritating having to explain to each and every one of them.

When I say the Gamecube was the middleman of this generation it refers to only one thing, capabilities. The Gamecube wasn't as powerful as the one that loves green but at the same time it was far more powerful than the one that loves shapes. Therefore it was somewhere in between the two. Now I love Nintendo more than anyone I know but the fact remains, the Gamecube was left bringing up the rear this entire generation. In other words it's dead last, that's right last. Gamecube was the middleman of this generation and it paid for it but Nintendo fans can rest easy for the same fate does not await 'revolution'.

The 'revolution' might not be the most graphically powerful system but graphics is far from all it has going for it. Like I've said many times before the 'revolution' has creativity and innovation going for it, which will prove to be a much greater hit on the industry than many people suggest. The one with the Spiderman letters is clearly the graphical horse of next gen and the modified CPU is left straggling somewhere in the middle. Now I believe the fate of the middleman lives within this CPU and anyone who doesn't like it, well that's their business and not mine.

Next generation is truly going to be an epic war of the consoles which is why I don't believe in multiple console ownership. Many people go that route and that's their business, but in war every casualty counts or in this case every penny. Many believe that there is room for three consoles on the market but the truth of the matter is that's one too many. Someone will fall come next generation and I have made my loyalty known 'cuz I intend to do everything in my power to keep my company alive. I believe that everyone should align themselves with their preferred console, hopefully that's 'revolution'.

I know what you're saying "I buy consoles for the games," well I'll tell you this, I've always believed that the consumer is the most powerful entity in any business and has the power to dictate. By this I mean instead of buying multiple systems, align yourself with one and when developers realize: hey this game isn't selling that well on one system they'll be forced to put it on another to turn a profit. An example of this would be RE4. However this cannot serve as a primary example given that capcom is one of the biggest traitors in this industry, thus stemming my profound hatred for them. I don't think that consumers should allow developers to force them into certain decisions. As a consumer you must take a stand, however difficult it may seem. After all it is your money and you have the right to protect it however you choose.

No comments: