Monday, November 07, 2005

Mario Kart DS

Well I know everyone is just begging for more 'revolution' info at this point, but I'm afraid that's not going to happen. Nintendo has another focus at the moment. That's promoting Nintendo WiFi Connection and the amazing Mario Kart DS. Not to worry though more 'revolution' details are coming, thing is you have to wait until after Mario Kart DS hits store shelves. MKDS will no doubt ease the pain of waiting and I for one am going to take full advantage of the down time.

Mario Kart DS takes the series back to its roots and I for one am happy to see the return to its roots. Not to say I didn't adore Double Dash, because I did and I still do, but the solo racing just seems far more exciting to me. Now I have yet to get my hands on the game but from what I've seen it looks to be amazing. In my opinion it has the potential to be the best Mario Kart yet. Yeah MK:DD was great but it by no means surpassed MK64 in terms of fun and addictiveness. And now with MKDS there are so many new items that just add a whole new level of excitement. Items have always been the defining characteristic of the series and they are what set the series apart from all the wannabe kart racers cluttering the market. However new items aren't the biggest addition this time around.

For the first time in the history of Nintendo gaming we'll be able to take the war online. I for one have been longing for this for some time now, and to finally be able just makes me lose myself with joy. I'm glad that I was patient with all Nintendo's decisions because this first fooray into online gaming looks entirely promising. And this is only the beginning, just imagine what taking the 'revolution' online will be like. I can't wait!!!!!

It is now only a week until Mario Karts release and I can't wait to jump online and dominate the leaderboards. Personally though I wont be online until the 28th or later due to the fact that I'm waiting for that sweet hot rod red bundle. For those of you who get MKDS next week you better practice up good 'cuz once I get mines it's straight to the top for me and I don't intend to look back. See you online my fellow Nintendites.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is that same guy that seemed like a spammer a couple of posts back but I just wanted to say that I love this blog.

PS: The lack of NIntendo Revolution info is not your fault and those who think so must not know that Nintendo said themselves that there would be little news on the Revo this year.

I found out about this blog from the Nintendo of America forums.

Anonymous said...

Hi again.
Anyway, I think that MKDS will be a system seller. Love the Blog.

Anonymous said...

This is still the best blog around. I think that I am a Nintendo Loyalist because every time I look at the Revo I love it even more.

Anonymous said...

By the way I (that guy that seemed like a spammer)that posted the above.